Barriere Lake Solidarity has produced this video to help bring attention to the current struggle by the Algonquins of Barriere Lake (ABL) against the Canadian Government’s imposition of Section 74 of the Indian Act. By enacting this obscure piece of the Act, the Canadian Government is attempting to take control of the community by imposing band council elections on the community. The ABL have always had their own customary government.
For more information, visit:
- Barriere Lake Algonquins Fighting Back, Need Your Support
- Uncle Tom-A-Hawk and His Bushel of Apples
- Communiqué from Barriere Lake: No More Exploration of Unceded Algonquin Territory
- Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?: An ACTION Decolonization 101 Workshop in 5 Minutes
- Reclaiming the Old Police Station in “Oshweken” by Rotinonshón:ni Youth