Join us for a panel of family members from the East and West Coasts who have lost loved ones to police brutality, as they tell stories of their struggles for justice and strategize on taking action within our communities, to confront police terror and hold them accountable for brutality and racist murder.
- ·Ramona Africa, survivor of 1985 bombing of the MOVE movement by Philadelphia police.
- ·Nicole Paultre Bell, fiancée of Sean Bell, killed the morning of his wedding in Queens on November 25, 2006.
- ·Adam & Jeralynn Blueford, parents of 18-year-old Alan Blueford, murdered on May 6, 2012 by Oakland police.
- ·Jack Bryson, father of two sons who were with Oscar Grant when he was murdered on an Oakland, CA, subway platform by police on January 1, 2009.
- ·Danette Chavis, mother of 19-year old Gregory Chavis, left to bleed to death after being shot by the NYPD on October 9, 2004.
- Natasha Duncan, sister of 23-year old Shantel Davis, killed by NYPD in Brooklyn on June 14, 2012, while she was sitting in a car.
- ·Frank Graham and Constance Malcolm, parents of Ramarley Graham, killed in his home in the Bronx on February 2, 2012, by the NYPD.
- ·Damion Ramirez, childhood friend of Michael Nida, murdered by police in Downey, CA, on October 22, 2011.
- ·Margarita Rosario, mother of Anthony Rosario, murdered by the NYPD in the Bronx along with his cousin Hilton Vega, on January 12, 1995.
- ·Juanita Young, mother of Malcolm Ferguson, shot point-blank by undercover NYPD in the Bronx, on March 1, 2000.
With a live performance by Rebel Diaz!!
Sunday, October 28, 2012
The Riverside Church in New York City
120th Street & Claremont
Trains: #1 to 116th Street
Hosted by: Campaign to End the New Jim Crow
Sponsored by: Campaign to End the Death Penalty, Free Mumia Coalition-NYC, International Socialist Organization, Justice for Alan Blueford, Justice Committee, October 22nd Coalition to Stop Police Brutality, Oscar Grant Movement, Parents Against Police Brutality, Ramarley’s Call, Students United for Free CUNY Coalition