This event is part of the No More Trayvon Martins Campaign and the organizing around building the National Plan of Action for Racial Justice and Self Determination that the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement has initiated with support from the Black Left Unity Network, and the National Alliance for Racial Justice and Human Rights.
Self-Respect and Community Self-Defense in a Land of Endless Racial Profiling —A People’s Forum
Where: Humanist Hall, 390 27th Street, Oakland, CA, 94612-3104
When: Saturday, September 22, 2012
12 pm: Registration
1 pm: People’s Self-Defense, a history–Racial Profiling, Trayvon Martin, The Rising Tide Of Police Killings – Confronting Stop And Frisk in NY
3 pm: The Bay Area and Racial Profiling: The Experience, The Resistance
6 pm: Launching The People’s Self-Defense Organizing Campaign
Sponsor: People’s Tribunal for Racial Justice
Contact: 415 651 4642, email@example.com
- Organizing for the National Plan of Action for Racial Justice at the City, County, and State Level
- Commissary Fundraiser for Political Prisoners
- UPDATE! Every 36 Hours! Extra-Judicial Killings of Black Women and Men: A New Report!
- New Annual Report Reveals 313 Black People Killed in 2012, Averaging Every 28 Hours
- Keep Applying the Pressure – Demand Obama Stop the Extrajudicial Killing of Black People