Join The National Private Prison Divestment Campaign, Families for Freedom, Enlace Int’l and others to protest companies that profit off the detention of immigrant communities.
Matthew Sirovich and Jeremy Mindich’s Scopia Capital LLC, is one of the largest shareholder in the Geo Group (GEO), the largest company in our nation’s private prison industry. It also holds stock in Corrections Corporations of America
GEO has been linked to cruel anti-immigrant laws in Arizona and Georgia as well as to abusive practices in immigrant detention facilities GEO runs for the federal government.
Courts have found GEO responsible for wrongful deaths, sexual assaults, and other horrors in its tax-funded lock-ups.
Please come out to action to demand that Scopia divest their GEO stock!
For more info visit: http://prisondivestment.wordpress.com/
- Private Prison Industry Played Significant Role in Arizona’s Anti-Immigrant Legislation
- 8 Things to Know About America’s Private Prison Industry
- U.S. Authorities Detain Immigrants in Solitary Confinement
- Call to Action Against ALEC in Phoenix in November
- New Georgia State Motto: Ignorance, Injustice and Extremism