Come find out how a group of United Federation of Teachers members and our allies have formed a movement to change the direction of the UFT. We are the social justice caucus of our union.
Open General Meeting of the MORE Caucus Movement of Rank and File Educators:
WHEN: Saturday, Nov 17th. 12-3 pm
WHERE: 224 West 29th St, between 7th & 8th. 14 floor.
We believe that the struggle for a fair contract and decent working conditions is inextricably linked to the struggle for educational justice for our students and economic and racial justice for all. We believe that with true bottom up democracy and an educated and organized membership our union will be able to fight for our rights as workers while partnering with the families we serve in the fight for a democratic and equitable education system.
1) Meet some of the educators who will be running on the MORE slate in the union wide elections for president, and all officer positions, next spring.
2) We will be working towards ratifying the platform on which we will run in the election.
3) We will talk about how we can organize in our schools to force UFT leadership to have a member referendum on the new evaluation system currently being negotiated behind closed doors.
This is an exciting time to be involved in the fight for a democratic,
movement oriented, member led union! Please join us!
Childcare available – reserve before Wednesday 11/14 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Working From Within: Chicana and Chicano Activist Educators in Whitestream Schools [review]
- Mexican Teachers Strike, Protest Over Test-Driven Education
- Forum on Solidarity with Chicago teachers
- Unions’ Loyalty to Democrats Costing Working People Dearly
- For a National March in Mexico City to Invalidate the Fraudulent Presidential Election