The election of Barack Obama as U.S. president has not ended the suffering of our people or U.S. injustices around the world. While the US Congress has given Wall Street and the auto industry trillions of dollars, the same Congress refuses to repair the legacy of slavery for descendants of enslaved Africans or prevent ethnic cleansing of black people in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina. Massive home losses due to criminal banking practices attests to the ongoing theft of billions of dollars of black community wealth. Every day, our people suffer police brutality and murder, unjust imprisonment , depression-level unemployment, slave labor in prison and disenfranchisement. People who dedicated their lives to our freedom during the 1960s’ still rot in U.S. prisons. U.S. wars have been expanded beyond the African community in the US to Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and now threaten Venezuela.
- Reparations Now! Pass HR 40!
- Single Payer Health Care/Medicare for All!
- Stop Gentrification,Home Mortgage Foreclosures, Bail-out the victims!
- Free Mumia Abu Jamal, Jamil Al-Amin, all US political prisoners/pows/exiles!
- End Mass Black Incarceration! Count Them Home for Census!
- STOP Police violence, Black Community Containment Policy!
- NO! to US wars,occupations,domination, exploitation!
- NO AFRICOM!
- US Out of Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine, the Middle East! Hands off Iran!
- Rescind the Patriot Act! Drug Wars in U.S, Colombia, Ghana!
On November 7, 2009 The Black Is Back Coalition had its kick off in Washington D.C. Here is Chairman Omali Yeshitela, of The African People’s Socialist Party, speaking at the event. For more info about The Black Is Back Coalition, and to download podcasts of all the participant’s presentations at the November 7 kickoff click here. The write up above came from The Black Is Back Coalition’s website.
- Black is Back Coalition Announces March Against Imperialism
- Black is Back Represents Anti-imperialism in the Bay
- Houston: Reparations Event This Weekend
- On the Smears Against Charles Barron: A Letter to MoveOn
- “The Miami Model – Documentary on FTAA Police State Brutality” (full video) [Saturday #Culture]